PPL supports the launch of Consulting Excellence at the UK MCA
This month, the MCA (Management Consultancies Association) launched Consulting Excellence – a new hallmark of quality for management consulting.
As MCA members, PPL formally signed a declaration which commits us to the nine principles that makes up the scheme. Closely aligned with PPL’s own values, the principles are grouped under the three pillars of Ethical Behaviour, Client Service and Value, and Professional Development:
1. We are responsible and good citizens
2. We conduct our business ethically
3. We foster an ethical culture
Client service and value
4. We provide excellent consulting services which deliver the outcomes clients seek and need
5. We are transparent with clients and respond to their concerns
6. We always strive to improve the value we can deliver to our clients
7. We undertake training and professional development planning each year
8. We promote strong core consulting capabilities and specialisms in our consultants and teams
9. We support our employees’ career progression, professional development and welfare
The scheme is helping to set professional standards for the management consulting industry as a whole and, through this, build greater credibility and trust.
Alan Leaman, CEO of the MCA said: “Consulting is changing rapidly, and this is recognised in our commitments to innovation and professional development. But there are also consulting constants: quality services, strong client relationships and objective advice… Consulting Excellence brings these together in ways that will help clients to make informed and better buying decisions, and both consultancies and clients to achieve the complex outcomes the modern economy requires.”
Lisa Larsen, COO of PPL said: “we are proud to support this initiative which help set standards for how we, and the management consulting sector as a whole, add value to our clients and to the communities they serve”.